EMPLOYMENT WITH SOUTH DAVIS METRO FIRE
- Must have a High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be certified as Utah Firefighter I and in HazMat Operations and Awareness. (For more information contact UVU Fire Academy at 1-888-548-7816.)
- National or State of Utah Advanced EMT or Paramedic. (More information can be obtained at Http://health.utah.gov/ems or call 801-273-6666.)
- Must possess a valid Utah Drivers License with positive driving record.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and written.
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America.
Candidates must complete the following testing process:
- Pass a comprehensive written exam.
- Pass the department physical fitness exam.
- Pass fire and medical skills exams.
Appications are only accepted when we start the hiring process. Information regarding hiring (full or part-time) will be posted on the home page of this website and in media outlets. If it is not mentioned, we are not hiring or accepting applications. We do not collect interest cards. Drug screening and background investigations are required for all applicants accepted for employment.
South Davis Metro Fire Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Appointments are made without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, handicap or other non-job related criteria.
Thank you for your interest in working with South Davis Metro Fire Agency.