FT & PT Firefighter/Paramedics
Application Deadline: July 16, 2015 at 17:00 hours.
We are currently accepting applications for part-time Firefighter/Paramedics with one full-time position open.
The FT position will work a rotating 48/96 shift schedule with a salary starting at $1,532 bi-weekly.
The PT positions are being hired primarily to cover a 12-hour shift Monday - Saturday from 07:00 to 19:00 hours. The list established for PT may be used to offer FT employment when there is an opening available. Starting wage is $14.00 - $16.00 per hour, depending on quailifications.
Applicant must possess:
- Valid Utah Drivers' License (or be able to obtain within 30 days)
- Utah EMT-P certification
- Nationally registered EMT-P
- Current CPR / ACLS / PALS certification
- FFI (FF2 within a year)
To be granted veteran's preference, the required forms, letters, or certificates must be submitted with the application.
Applications may be mailed or delivered to:
BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION, PLEASE BE SURE YOU MEET ALL THE REQUIREMENTS LISTED BELOW.
Applications will be available for submission upon position openings. Please check back for availability.
Employment with South Davis Metro Fire
- Must have a High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Must be certified as Utah Firefighter I and in HazMat Operations and Awareness. (For more information contact UVU Fire Academy at 1-888-548-7816.)
- National or State of Utah Advanced EMT or Paramedic. (More information can be obtained at Http://health.utah.gov/ems or call 801-273-6666.)
- Must possess a valid Utah Drivers License with positive driving record.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and written.
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America.
Candidates must complete the following testing process:
- Pass a comprehensive written exam.
- Pass the department physical fitness exam.
- Pass fire and medical skills exams.
Appications are only accepted when we start the hiring process. Information regarding hiring (full or part-time) will be posted on the home page of this website and in media outlets. If it is not mentioned, we are not hiring or accepting applications. We do not collect interest cards. Drug screening and background investigations are required for all applicants accepted for employment.
South Davis Metro Fire Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Appointments are made without regard to sex, age, race, color, religion, national origin, handicap or other non-job related criteria.
Thank you for your interest in working with South Davis Metro Fire Agency.