Recreational Fire / Barbeque Pits
Recreational fires and barbeque pits are allowed but must be in compliance with the following regulations:
- Fires must be 25 feet from any combustible (buildings, trees, shrubs, sheds, wood fence, etc.).
- Water must be available on site (attached garden hose). A bucket of water is not sufficient.
- Fire must be out by 10:00 pm.
- Fire must be supervised at all times by someone 18 years or older.
- Fire must be on private residence property only. (No fires in the street.)
- Fire is to be kept small (3 feet in diameter, 2 feet high maximum.)
- Burn only cleaned seasoned firewood.
- No burning trash.
- No burning yard debris.
- Contact the fire department on the day you plan to have an open fire. (Monday - Thursday: 801-677-2400 / Friday - Sunday and after 5:00 on weekdays: 801-298-6000 - Police Dispatch non-emergency line.) We will ask for your name, address, phone number, fire start time, and fire end time. We will also go through the regulations quickly with you.
If a complaint is made by a neighbor, we will respond to check for compliance. If the fire does not meet the regulations or is hazardous to the surrounding neighbors, we may ask you to extinguish it.